A little about us
We're changing the way communities show up for people they care about.
If you can ask for a gravy boat when you're getting married, you should be able to ask for stuff when you're starting a business too. We love weddings and housewarmings and baby showers and all the celebrations that go along with each of those things. We love the traditions that let us celebrate the personal milestones in our lives, which is why we want something to celebrate professional successes as well.
Shine Registry hosts profiles of businesses and their founders with wedding registry-style lists of the stuff that they need to succeed professionally. Founders ask for support while they are starting their businesses and give their communities an opportunity to show that support in meaningful and substantive ways.
To support someone with a Shine Registry profile
Simply select items and actions from their list of asks and click the "Fulfill!" button at the bottom of the page. Then fill out your contact information so the person with a profile can get in touch with you. You can see how many people have given to each profile with our counters for the number of Advocates and the number of Actions Taken.
Perks from our Partners
Shine Registry is building partnerships with companies and organizations that can provide products and services to our users. So far this includes...
|$50 off launching a campaign with Honeycomb Credit||15% off coworking in NYC with Spacious with code SHINE15||Save 50% on Quickbooks Online and Quickbooks Self-Employed|
|25% off Storyblaster, the easy-to-use social media marketing planner proven to rocket your reach.||25% Female Design Council membership discount exclusive to Shine Registry users. Check out the "Perks" section of our user toolkit for details!|
Shine Registry users receive access to these exclusive perks. We are actively seeking to provide more perks to our users and are building out more unique partnership opportunities. See more on our Shine Brighter page.
- The gift registry celebrating single women this wedding season, Stylist Magazine
- Shine Registry helps female founders in style of wedding registry, WE RULE
- Why Don't We Celebrate Earning a Doctorate the Same Way We Celebrate Getting Married?, Girls Night In
- Women aren't landing VC dollars, but Shine Registry offers another way to help businesswomen, The Pittsburgh Post Gazette
- PNC's Women Who Achieve
- Bonus Episode: Inclusive Innovation Summit 2019, Caffeinated Innovation
- 313: Supporting Women in Business the Way We Do at Weddings, The Giving Back Podcast
- Resources for Female Founders by a Female Founder, NYU's Entrepreneurs Blog
- A new kind of tradition for supporting women starting businesses, Firewall Podcast
- Shine Registry is just like a wedding registry, only for entrepreneurs and startups, NEXT Pittsburgh
- Ep. 256: Empowering Founders with Shine Registry, Ruby on Rails Podcast
- It Girl, Aspiring Co.
- Person of Marvel, Yolklore
- Who’s Next: Technology; Meet 22 people building the future in Pittsburgh, The Incline
- Shine Registry Gives Entrepreneurs Way To Ask for Supplies, Services, Support, Carnegie Mellon University News
- Featured Spotlight, Women In Technology Pittsburgh
- Celebrating Some of the Female Founders at Ascender, The Ascender Blog
Shine Registry has received support from
We're building and learning as we grow.
Don't hesitate to reach out to email@example.com if you're interested in growing with us!